How To Clean Your Makeup Brushes With Minimal Effort At Home
Each day, we paint our faces with makeup brushes to highlight, contour, and define. Besides, the brush is the main component of any beauty kit. As brushes are one of the most common products, they should be kept clean. Experts recommend cleaning makeup brushes frequently in order to prevent bacteria buildup. But what about people who lack knowledge about how to clean their makeup brushes?
It is important to maintain your brushes regularly and to wash them properly. You will learn more about how to clean makeup brushes after reading this article.
Keep reading to learn more about how to clean makeup brushes.
The Best Method For Cleaning Makeup Brushes
You have to follow some simple steps to keep your brushes clean. We will share the easiest way to take care of your makeup sponges and brushes. Here is the process you can go after:
First, take a glass, mug, or bowl and fill it with lukewarm water. Then use a water squeeze dollop of silicon-free baby shampoo into it.
Second, swirl your brush in the warm water and hold it for 2-3 seconds. Then gently massage the bristles of your brush in order to remove the gunk.
After that, you need to rinse the brush with clean water. Be careful at the time while you are squeezing the water out.
Finally, you must have to make the brushes dry for further use.
Washing Your Makeup Brushes with Cleanser
Suppose you are a regular user of makeup brushes and need to wash them daily. Then you can use a cleanser to finish the work. A cleaner is an excellent way to clean your brushes on an everyday basis. Here is the way to clean sponges and brushes through a cleanser.
- First and foremost, wet your brushes with water (lukewarm). Wet the bristles with lukewarm water.
- After that, use a drop of cleanser into the palm of your clean hand. There are a lot of options for you to choose a cleaner from the cosmetic shop. Moreover, you can ask an expert while selecting a cleaner for this.
- Then rinse the brush bristles thoroughly and squeeze out the moisture. You can use a clean towel to remove excess moisture.
- Finally, you have to re-form the brush head and keep it dry in the correct shape.
What Should I Use To Wash My Makeup Brushes?
There are several options when you wash your makeup brushes. Here are some of them-
- Baby shampoos
- Ivory soap
- Dawn dish soap
- Makeup brush cleansers
- Textured cleansing mats
- Olive oil
Why Cleaning Makeup Brushes Are Important?
You can use any method or process to clean up brushes and sponges. Let’s talk about why you should take care of makeup brushes and sponges.
- Wash your makeup brushes regularly, which will help to keep bacteria away.
- Brushes accumulate oil and dead skin cells that can be a reason for your broken skin. So you have to continue the process of washing your makeup brushes.
- Another benefit of cleaning brushes is that they help to apply your makeup better on the skin.
- Regular cleaning helps to keep brushes soft, which makes your skin less irritating to the skin.
- Moreover, cleaning brushes help to keep them last longer and save your money.
The dermatologist suggests cleaning your makeup brushes once a week. The brushes that you use around the eyes should be cleaned twice a month. Some experts suggest frequent cleaning helps extend the life of bristles and improve performance. So try to change the makeup brushes periodically for your better skin.
When do You Need to Stop Care Makeup Brush?
Although frequently taking care of makeup brushes extends their life, it can’t help to last forever. After one or two years, you may find out the bristles have started to fray and lost their shape. That explains that your brush can’t deliver the best anymore to the skin. So, this is the right time to replace your brush with a new one. You can consult an expert to select the best brand for your makeup brush while buying new ones.
Cleaning Your Makeup Brushes: Final Note
Read More: Hypochlorous Acid Spray: Everything You Need To Know
There are lots of benefits if you wash brushes regularly and adequately. Again, following the correct steps makes it easy to clean up your makeup brushes. Moreover, it is essential to take care of the health of your skin. Feel free to share the tips with others which will help them know the process of cleaning makeup brushes. If you have any further questions about the matter contact us.